A career with The Toronto Regional Real Estate Board (TRREB) offers individuals rewarding opportunities to use their skills and talents to help make a difference in serving our diverse membership of over 56,000 real estate brokers and salespersons across the Greater Toronto Area.
If you’re looking for a challenging career in a dynamic work environment, TRREB is the place to be.
YOUR EXCITING CAREER AWAITS YOU AT THE TORONTO REAL ESTATE BOARD.
TREB is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Communications and Member Engagement to fill a permanent, full-time position within the Communications and Government Affairs department. The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Communications and Government Affairs/Chief Privacy Officer and will be responsible for the responsibilities outlined below.
The Senior Manager, Communications and Member Engagement is responsible for setting and guiding the strategy for all marketing and communications messaging and collateral, to consistently articulate the Toronto Regional Real Estate Board's (TRREB) brand and mission.
The incumbent will be required to inform and inspire multiple audiences including TRREB Members and the public to ensure that TRREB is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of real estate information.
This role is highly collaborative and requires that you work cross-functionally with numerous TRREB departments and third-party suppliers.
- Design, implement and evaluate marketing and communication strategies, ensuring optimal reach and impact, increase information dissemination and TRREB brand awareness
- Proactively identify opportunities to communicate TRREB programs, services and initiatives to increase Member awareness and engagement, incorporating target audience communications as necessary
- Assess the effectiveness of all communication strategies and activities and ensure the timely adjustment of the strategies and activities as needed
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including headlines, landing pages, information videos, advertisements, newsletters, brochures, annual report, publications, etc.
- Assist with written communication and content development, including determining which communication channels to utilize
- Maintain relationships with key communications and outreach partners
- Monitor public opinion and institute crisis management and preemptive planning when necessary
- Ensure consistency in branding, copy writing, design layout and production of promotional materials, including all TRREB's digital assets
- Track and measure metrics from TREB's various communications and Member engagement tactics and prepare activity reports
- Monitor real estate industry best practices, and developments in the communications and marketing fields in general
- Explore marketing partnership opportunities within the real estate industry
- Stay on top of developments in the communications and marketing fields that affect TRREB and respond appropriately and on a timely basis
- Coordinate with the Executive Office and the President to provide the President's messages and oversee responses to presidential correspondence from Members and/or the public
- Manage Member feedback surveys and other feedback mechanisms, including coordinating Member focus groups and information sessions
- Act as a liaison and minute the meetings of the Member Communications Committee and any related task forces
- Supervise the assigning of workflow among the Communications staff as required and ensure the timely completion of all tasks. This will require coaching, counselling, and training of staff, as well as monitoring, and appraising of job results on a regular and continuous basis
- Carry out annual and periodic performance appraisals as required and review same with Chief Communications and Government Affairs Officer
- Prepare special reports when required, by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent will follow safe work procedures, knowing and complying with all health and safety regulations. Personal protection and safety equipment will be used if/when required. Any injury or illness, unsafe acts or unsafe conditions must be reported immediately to their Supervisor.
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in Communications, Marketing, or Business
- Related academic background or experience may be considered
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a communications role with at least 5 years in a management capacity. Non-profit experience a plus
- Excellent writing, communication, marketing, research and presentation skills
- Government relations or public policy background will be an asset
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Maturity, judgment and the proven ability to work with senior leaders
- Ability to consistently deliver within established deadlines/guidelines
- Ability to self-motivate and take initiative with minimal supervision
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of the real estate industry is an asset
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Working attendance may be required at Board functions and special events, which may be held outside of regular Board hours
- Occasional overtime and after-hours work, including evenings and weekends may be required
- A reliable vehicle and valid Ontario driver's license are required for occasional travel within the GTA
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Manager, Human Resources
via fax: (416) 443-8134
Note: Please include "Senior Manager, Communications and Member Engagement" in the subject line.
As an employer committed to the principles of employment equity, we encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (2015) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). To request accommodation during the recruitment process, please indicate this in your email.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.