Ontario Conservation Authorities Resource Centre
To help you navigate the Conservation Authorities and information on flood management, we've created a resource centre to assist you. Members may find this information useful to share with or advise their clients buying or selling properties that are located on watersheds.
As local natural resource management agencies, Ontario’s 36 Conservation Authorities’ core mandate
is to undertake watershed-based programs to protect people and property from flooding and other natural hazards. They also have a mandate to conserve natural resources for economic, social and environmental benefits.
95 per cent of Ontario’s population lives in a watershed managed by a Conservation Authority.
Flood plain maps are available on these links. This is for information purposes only, and TRREB takes no responsibility for, nor guarantees, the accuracy of the information contained within these links. If you have any questions, please contact the appropriate Conservation Authority.
- Conservation Ontario – lists all 36 Conservation Authorities in Ontario
Select Flood Plain and Interactive Maps from GTHA Conservation Authorities:
- Toronto and Region; Interactive Map
- Credit Valley; Interactive Map (Peel Region)
- Halton; Interactive Map
- Hamilton; Local Govt Flood Hazard Info; Local Govt Interactive Map
- Central Lake Ontario (Durham Region)
- Ganaraska Region; Interactive Map (Durham/Northumberland Regions)
- Kawartha; Interactive Map (Durham/Kawartha Regions)
- Lake Simcoe Region; Interactive Map (York/Durham Regions)
- Otonabee; Interactive Map (Kawartha Lakes/Peterborough)